Shorts Competition Submission Requirements
The Goal of this Shorts Competition is to encourage emerging filmmakers to submit an original short film of their creation, addressing “The Jewish Experience.” Perhaps some of the best news is that there is NO COST for entering this competition.
December 15, 2017 – Deadline for 2018 Athens JFF shorts submissions.
February 2018 – Finalists announced February 10.
March 24, 2018 – Screening of finalists’ films and awards.
• Emerging or established filmmakers of any religious affiliation or national origin.
• Films must be from 1 to 25 minutes in length (including credits).
• Films must address the theme of “The Jewish Experience.” All genres (documentary, narrative, poetry, animation, claymation, etc.) are welcome!
Cash Prizes will be provided to the following: •
• Second Place •
We look forward to hearing from you and, more importantly, seeing your work.
• We will not be viewing entries on the Internet. We will be downloading all submissions and compiling them onto DVDs for the jury to watch together.
• We require a high definition submission for each entry which will be used for both jury viewing and, if chosen, for exhibition at our local theatre.
• All submissions must therefore be downloadable.
We highly recommend creating a Vimeo account and uploading your submission there, and enabling the download option.
However, we accept the following methods of delivery with the following requirements:
You must enable file download.
We Transfer, DropBox, etc.
Mail in submissions
If you mail in a submission on disc, please send a data disc with a video file such as MP4 or MOV.
Important Note: You may send in a traditional DVD disc, but you will not receive it back, and the quality will be compromised should it make it into the theatrical viewing. A PAL version can be used but it will be converted to NTSC.
Because we cannot download YouTube videos, we cannot accept them.
• Complete the ENTRY FORM for each submission by December 15, 2017
• Submit DVD (see above regarding mail-in discs) or relevant online links and passwords
• A clearly labeled DVD including submission title, entrant’s name, and contact information
• Brief bio information for each filmmaker
SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS AND MATERIALS TO:
102 Little Ridge Rd.
Berkeley Lake, GA 30096
Or online to: email@example.com
If you have technical questions or require more information about video format specifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.